Tuesday 17 January 2012

Vintage Rose Shaped Easel.

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all wrapped up nice and warm.  It's beautiful but cold.

Today's card is back to vintage with some beautiful roses.  I can't remember where the image is from as it's on my pc in a huge folder with millions of other copyright free images which I have picked up.  It's lovely, though, and was just perfect for this vintage look card.


With this card I picked the image first (I often start with the background first) and then took it into the MCS software.  I used that to change the size of the image to match up with the spellbinders dies I had chosen, and also to colour pick the backing card.  It took a little while to select the two colours, but I think I got it about right.  

I then printed off the sheets of those backing colours and the image and sentiment.  Using my Spellbinders and cuttlebug, I cut the pieces I need for the basic card.  To add interest I've ran the lighter colour shapes through the cuttlebug with a swirly embossing folder...to deboss for a change.  I've also done the same to the darker colour around the sentiment.  

I've cut the butterflies out of the darker shade card but I can't remember where the die was from.  I keep all my dies on magnetic sheets backed with thick card so don't keep the packaging.  They're pink dies, anyway.

I've had a little rummage through my stash of mulberry roses (from Wild Orchid) and come up with the perfect roses.  Using the leaf die from Spellbinders/Heartfelt Creations Rose set (the one with the flourish! Lol) to cut some leaves out of dark green mulberry paper and arranged them under the roses.  All these were pinflaired into place.  I finished off by adding some faux pearls.  Yep...pretty pleased with this card.  

Hope you like!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment