Wednesday 18 January 2012

Sweet & Simple.

Hi Guys!

Hope you're all ok and busy crafting.  I've been beavering away making cards today, and this is one of my favourites.  It's nice to do simple and cute cards and this one was a real pleasure to make.



I started with a 5x5 scallop edged card blank and have used it as a tent fold, which I'm really into at the moment.

I went into the MCS software and went through the 'Alfie' CD.  I chose this little topper as it's so cheeky but still elegant with the backing design.  Obviously, being MCS they had gorgeous papers to match, so I made my selection and then did some colour picking to get the right colour for the matting card.

After that it was out with my wonderful, fabulous, incredible, super dooper Tonic guillotine which I wouldn't be without nowadays.  It's not only a fantastic guillotine but it also makes the most fab swooshing sound, lol.

So, much swooshing and cutting later I had all the pieces I need to make the card up.  Arming myself with pinflair and foam pads I assembled the base layer and background, then took a strip of white textured card (Papermania) and used a Martha Stewart punch on one side.  I stuck this over the background paper just below the mid point, then I stuck the topper on with foam pads for a little dimension.

Due to the beautiful background paper this card really didn't need much embellishment so I just made a small double bow out of some white ribbon and added some faux pearls.

The insert is layered up in exactly the same way as the front but I have cut Alfie and Violet out of the centre of the topper and just added 'congratulations.

I love this little card.  Thank you, My Craft Studio for providing us with such fantastic software and artwork.  It certainly makes crafting so much easier and more enjoyable.

Take care everyone.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Lexie this is gorgeous. Love the soft colours you have used.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete