Monday 16 January 2012

White on White Forever Friends + Bonus Cards!

Hi,

hope you're all ok and enjoying this beautiful, sunny weather we're having.  Yes, it's a bit cold but it so much nicer like this than when it's damp and miserable.

Anyway, today's main cards is a white on white Forever Friends wedding card.  I came across a nice little challenge which combined two of my favourite things so I just had to enter it.  I won't be doing many challenges but couldn't resist this one as I love this little bear!

I started off with a 6x6 (approx) white card blank.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the little heart background and I would like to say that I painstakingly filled all the little holes in with glitter by hand, but I didn't!  Instead I used a base layer of white glitter card and pinflaired the heart card on top.  I then cut out a narrower strip of white card and ran it through my cuttlebug using a swirly embossing folder.  This was lined up down the centre of the card from top to bottom.  

The image is from the Forever Friends Triple CD set by Docrafts - obviously from the wedding selection.  Have to say this is a brilliant set as it's packed with hundreds of highly usable elements and images.  

I cut the image into a circle and glittered around the edge.  This was matted onto two lacey circles (overlapping) cut using my Spellbinders dies.  

Before sticking that down with foam pads, I sorted out the embellishments I was going to use and glued the feathers and hat pins into place, then stuck the topper over the top of them.  The flourish embellishments were just glued and poked under the edge of the topper.  

I did the text for the sentiment and cut it out using my Silhouette software and then run the bottom layer through the cuttlebug using a dotty embossing folder.  This was layered up and attached using foam pads for height.  

Lastly I made the flower using Spellbinders Rose Creations set and Papermania white textured card.  Once I had cut the pieces I curled them slightly before gluing them together with pinflair and finishing off with a faux pearl in the centre.  Yup...that's certainly a white on white card!  Lol.

This card has been entered into the following blog challenge.

**********************

The bonus cards speak for themselves.  They're both basic square easel cards and both of them are made using the wonderful Loony Tunes CD.  I love this CD.  Who wouldn't smile when they received a Loony Tunes card?  They're so well loved.  

I printed these elements onto 150 gsm gloss photo paper as I don't think anything else would do them justice.  Hope you like...





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Lexie. Love the forever friends one it is stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. Your wedding card is gorgeous. Really like all the embossing and die cuting. Thanks for joining us at FOREVER FRIENDS this time and good luck in the challenge. Love Diane (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fab cards!! Love the feathers and embossing!! Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends fortnight! Rachael x

    ReplyDelete