Tuesday 3 January 2012

Hi there!  Hope you're all ok?

Not had a good day today craftwise.  I couldn't find my mojo anywhere so I resorted to a tried and tested formula with a Valentine's twist to it.  I made a similar card to this for Christmas and it was very popular so I've done a Valentine's version to add to my blog.



The image is a Lili of the Valley stamp and is so cute and is coloured using promarkers.  
The gold filigree corner and the mulberry roses and leaves are from Wild Orchid.

I started off with a 6x6 card blank and matted and layered with a gold then pearlescent red layer.  After that I cut two pieces of white card - one to add to the layers and then a narrower one.  With the square one I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a dot embossing folder, and with the narrow one I used the From Me To You Floral embossing folder. I then stuck down the square layer into position and then the narrower one landscape wise across the centre of the card.

With the stamped image I once again layered with gold and pearlescent red using Spellbinders circle dies and Lacey Circle dies.  I used two layers of the red lacey dies as I'm liking that look at the moment.

I designed the sentiment in My Craft Studio then cut it using a Spellbinders circle die, then matted and then added another red pearlescent circle and finished that off with a gold lacey circle.  This was placed in the bottom left corner.

Three mulberry roses and a few leaves sit snuggly in two corners and the filigree corner and tiny red bow sit in the top right corner.  

The inside is finished to match the front with gold, red and white matting and layering.

Hope you're all having a good crafty day!

5 comments:

  1. Hiya Lexie, congratulations on your lovely blog and your website (I've had a peek and I wish you loads of luck!) I love this card, really sweet. I will follow your blog but I'm not sure where to click so I will just add you to my bloglist. It's funny how many matching digi stamps we have.
    Love apples

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww, thanks Sue. Lovely to see you on here. If you want to register as a follower you just click on the little blue 'join this site' tag above the members list.

    Sounds like we have the same taste in digis, so go on to the MCS forum and look for the thread where I'm begging them to do a special digi stamp CD and add your name there. It would be fantastic if they did one.

    Do you have a blog? If so let me know and I'll add it on here.

    Take care
    Lexie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at Joanna Sheen Celebration challenge this month. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Teresa. I look forward to taking part in many more of the challenges in the future.
    Take care
    Lexie.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lexi, I've managed to become a follower...I look forward to you popping over and visiting mine. I've got the kettle on and a couple of mincepies....

    ReplyDelete