Monday 2 January 2012

Hi everyone, and a very Happy New Year to one and all.  May it bring you health, wealth and lots of crafty inspiration.

My latest offering was made yesterday but I didn't have time to post it.  I was laying awake on New Year's Eve and the design just came into my head so I had a fiddle around and it worked...or I think so anyway.


I put together the design in the My Craft Studio Pro software, which I virtually always use in my crafting.  I used the Floriography CDs again as it's so beautiful.  Then I took an 8 x 8 card blank and cut it in half along the fold line so that I ended up with 2 landscape  8x4 card blanks.  One will be used another time.

I then put down a black mat then the base layer of the design on top.  The central toppers are layered to give some dimension, so there is a layer of the triple squares/diamonds and then the central square is layered again onto those.  With that one I have coloured the rose using promarkers and then added some Glossy Accent to give it that beautiful sheen and even more dimension.  The inside is decorated to match.

It's nice when a design just comes to you, especially when it works out straight away with no tweaks.

                                          ********************************

Been crafting again and come up with this 8 x 8 card, which is quite surprising for me as I'm a fan of smaller cards.  I'm happy with this one, though, and will be doing more in this size in the future.



It's Tatty Teddy from the Do Crafts Me To You Spring Chic double CD.  I matted a plain white 8x8 card blank with a silver mirror card layer, and then a layer of one paper.  I then selected two further papers to co-ordinate and cut them into two strips the same size.  I then matted them onto silver mirror card.  I've then used one of my favourite layouts to add interest to the card.

The topper has been printed out then cut into a circle using my Spellbinders.  I then did two of the large lacey circles and pinflaired them together slightly twisted so you can see both layers.  I did the same for the sentiment, which is a stamp from Lili of the Valley.  Going back to the topper, I then cut out a backing paper shape which I came up with on the Silhouette and matted that onto a slightly larger silver mirror card layer in the same shape.  I added a bit of glitter around the edge for interest.  Then I stuck the main topper on to that using foam pads to lift it a little.  I used the large leafy flourish from the Spellbinders/Heartfelt Creations Bella Rosa set to add the flourishes, then added just three mulberry paper roses to the bottom corner to balance out the sentiment and then finished  by adding 4 faux gems from my stash.  Hope you like.



Enjoy the rest of your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment