Sunday 26 August 2012

Forever Friends The Patriot.

Hi Folks!

hope you're all having a good weekend and that you've managed to dodge the rain ok.

Today's card is a very simple and basic one...but it took me ages to get right!  I've been making such fussy cards lately that the basics have gone so I've fiddled around and (hopefully) got them back, lol.

As you can see, I've used Docrafts Forever Friends Best of British CD for this one.  Red, white and blue is most definitely NOT my favourite theme but as it's Jubilee year AND we've just had the Olympics (not that I watched a single second of it!) I thought I'd better at least make some effort and get into the spirit...and this is it...and there'll be no more!  Lol.  

Every single element on this card is from the Docrafts range...all of it from the Best of British CD apart from the matting layers (faux) which are from their die cut shapes.  I used the shaped and then used a punch on them to get a plain square. 

With the buttons, I've made them look a little more realistic by triple embossing them with extra thick embossing powder.  I do like doing that as it means you always have the right button in the right size but it doesn't just look (or feel) like a bit of card. 

This was made using a 6 x 6 (approx.) plain card base and the inside has been decorated to match the front.

Hope you all enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Take care & happy crafting!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card again hun! I love those buttons and indeed they do look real.

    Hugs to you both
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete