Saturday 18 February 2012

House Mouse Easel Card.

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all ok and having a good weekend.  Weather's very changeable here but that doesn't stop crafting, does it?

I've made today's card especially for the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog and the theme of this month is 'love.'  I've already entered a few cards but one more won't hurt.  I'll be glad when they make their challenges bi-monthly as a month seems such a long time.  I've realised that as I'm their Guest Design Team Member for March I'm not going to be able to enter that month!  Horror!  So I'm making up for it now, lol.

Anyway...here are those little meeces.  They were coloured in with promarkers while I was doing the infernal updates the other day.  I love these little critters. 

The paper is the matching one from the Joanna Sheen Housemouse Backing Papers CD.  Shame they're not allowed to do a full CD of the characters as well, as it would be fantastic to be able to resize them, but I can understand the artist not wanting that.  Think I'd do the same...if I could draw, lol.

Anyway, the base card and layers were cutting using Spellbinders Labels One which is one of my favourite shapes.  The topper is cut from Spellbinders circles and lacy circles, as is the sentiment.

The matting layer colour was picked from one of the petal hearts on the backing paper so is very delicate and pretty.

The roses are from Wild Orchid and the faux pearls are from my stash.

That's it...simples.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I had a little blog win earlier in the week over on Whoopsy Daisy Challenge, so I got some free digi sheets and a button for my blog.  Go and have a look.  There's a link in my blog list.

Anyway, I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-is-in-air-challenge.html

13 comments:

  1. It is so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie, this is just perfect. Love those mice and the shapes are so crisp. Congrats on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabulous card, love it love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the shape. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. House mouse are a favourite of mine and this card is so cute . Love your work.
    Elaine.W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little card. I'm a mega Joanna Sheen fan and you have certainly done this justice.
    Quiltingloulou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Folks! My head's all over the place at the moment as I'm having a family crisis (big one) and I've just read three lovely comments and then hit delete instead of publish and I can't get them back. Really sorry about that...they mean such a lot to me too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Lexie. Sending you big hugs xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love card ,i love house mouse, xx Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is as cute as!!!!
    Hugs
    dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Lexie this is super cute. Love the pearl detail ..kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. I do love the expressions on the house mouse characters. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete