Friday 6 January 2012

Good evening everyone.  Hope you've had a fab, crafty day?  I've been busy playing around and having a little fun.  I was going to post about that today but it's not ready so I can't.  Instead I've decided to dig out my new Humphrey's Corner CDs and have a try with them...and I'm in love!  These little elephants are just too cute!

Now, because I needed a quick card and because I'm wanting to come up with some cards which kids can afford with their pocket money, I've had a go at one of Crafter's Companion's new Card Companions section and it's lovely.  It's brilliant for beginners but also great for more experienced crafters who just need a quick card or one they can get seriously crafty with.  I just needed a quick one so didn't mess around too much.



I used a 6x6 card blank and matted that with silver mirror board.  I printed off the sheet I had chosen from the Humphrey's Corner CD then cut out the elements which I chose to use, which wasn't anywhere near all of them.  I used my Spellbinders lacey circles and circle dies to cut out the silver mirror card and the circles toppers from the design sheet and layered them up for some depth.  I chose which sentiment I wanted and cut that out and layered it on more silver mirror card.  For embellishments I have used a little blue bow (from the From Me To You range), some glitter and some faux gems.  Very simple but very pretty.  Perfect for a quick card.

Take care.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lexie, such a pretty card. I love those images and the lovely papers. Have a good weekend.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, you have a lovely one yourself. Fingers crossed we get a couple of days of nice weather.
    xx

    ReplyDelete