Saturday 14 January 2012

Fab News.

Well, I have some lovely news.  Heather Valentin from the Scrapbook Stamp Society has invited me onto their Design Team and I have accepted.  I'm so excited about this as the images I will be using are stunning so I'm really looking forward to getting cracking.  Thank you so much Heather.x

Right...today's card is VERY different.  I've gone totally vintage for Mother's Day which isn't all that far away now.


I'm not sure where the image is from as it's in a huge folder of copyright free images I have, but she was absolutely perfect for this card.   I apologise to the lady for distressing her, but she had to fit in with the card, lol.

The card was designed using the Silhouette software and cut out of Supersmooth.  I basically took a doily, gave it an outline, made the base of the easel using that outline, then cut out two of the doilies and an extra outline shape for the top base.

I have used Tim Holtz distress inks to do the inking, and used Vintage Photo and Antique Linen, which are two of my favs.

I then cut the topper image into a circle, and created a round sentiment and a mat for that.  I also distressed these using the same inks.

I stuck the doilies to the base using Crafters Companion Stick & Stay (with a splodge of pinflair for added security), and used foam pads for the topper and sentiment.

I then embellished the card with some gorgeous roses from Wild Orchid (in list on right) and I used my cuttlebug to cut the dragonfly with a Doo Hickey die.

So very different but I love it.  Think that would have to go in a reinforced envelobox opened out so that the roses fit into it, but well worth it, I think.

Have fun and take care.
xx

This is entered in the Joanna Sheen Monthly Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on The Design Team! And the Mother's Day card is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Got your mail yesterday and will reply in the next few days.
      Take care.
      x

      Delete
  2. This is a change and absolutely beautiful! The lady doesn't look too distressed to me - lol!

    Congrats on being on the DT too. they're lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su. Glad she doesn't look too distressed. Was a bit worried she might be in a nark with me, lol.

      Delete
  3. Well done hun , its stunning!! Oh and guess what day my birthday falls on this year.............Double whammy for me!! I used to hate it when my Mums birthday fell on Mothers Day, but I love it when it falls on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou. Amazingly, it photo's really well and I'm not usually that lucky, lol.

      Ooh...so now I know when your birthday is. you'll have to PM me your address.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Lexie, Love it!!! Big Congratulations on the DT too. I can't wait to work with you.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Linda. And thank YOU for putting my name forward for the DT! They'd never have heard of me otherwise. It's going to be a lot of fun, I think.
      x

      Delete