Friday 30 December 2011

Hi.  Hope you've all managed to stay dry today?  It's been rather wet here but we survived...thanks to our waterproofs!

Today's first card features Platinum Popcorn Bear from the Platinum Romance CD by Crafter's Companion.
I used my Silhouette SD to cut the topper and it's matting layer (Penny Duncan's cutting files).  Taking the image into the Silhouette software ensures perfect positioning and makes life easy.  I then used my Spellbinders labels 4 for the card base, which I achieved (it's a landscape card) by cutting two of the labels in the same size.  I then scored and folded back about an inch on the left side of one of the two and glued that fold to the back of the front layer.  I'm not sure I've explained that very clearly, but it means you can make beautiful shaped cards without losing a little of the design on one side for the join.

The inner layers are cut using the Penny Duncan cutting files...I've used silver mirror card and Papermania's textured card.  I ran the latter through my cuttlebug using a floral From Me to You embossing folder.  Then it's all glued together using Pinflair gel, and the topper has been placed centrally and mounted on foam pads to give more depth.   I didn't want to cover too much of the pretty embossing so I merely added three little mulberry roses and a sentiment stampie which is of my own creation.  The inside is decorated to match using the silver and lilac layers and a plain white layer which is ready for a sentiment to be added.

Hope you like!
                                                               ****************************

My second card was a very simple one made purely using the Silhouette.  Not too keen on this one as there's too much silver mirror card showing for my taste, but some people like it that way so I've not binned it, lol.

This was made using Penny Duncan cutting files (please see her blog for those...in the links on the right).  The backing papers and the image are from the My Craft Studio Papercraft Library Volume 4 (Bunny Snuffles) CD.  Actually, looking at it now it does go quite well with all that silver as the colours are very retro  so it's like a disco card, lol .

All the layers were cut on the Silhouette and the topper image was sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Irridescent to give a glittery finish.  Actually, that makes it even more disco.  Hey...the more I look at this card and think about how retro it is, the more clever I'm thinking I am!  Hee hee.  Actually...it's more of a happy accident as there's nothing clever about the 70s disco scene...oh no!  Not that I remember it as I was only a tiddler then.  But yeah...this card has grown on me so it does deserve a place on here after all.

Have fun crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment