Sunday 17 August 2014

Wee DT Card for Scribble and Scrap Challenge #25

Hi everyone!

Soooo sorry not to have blogged but I've been just a tad busy with moving to the beautiful Isle of Wight and making our home here as well as making lots of very exciting plans for the shop, which I will announce in the next few days...  Ooh.

Everything is going brilliantly.  We have the most gorgeous little flat (and it's seriously diddy but I've managed to make it work really well for me and Jamie) with the most gorgeous outlook at the back in the most fabulous area.  There is an old disused railway running at the bottom of our garden which has been made all weather with a lovely new surface.  We can walk to the donkey sanctuary (saw them across the fields when we walked it the other day) and all sorts of places.  When we're fit enough we can go up on The Downs for some serious exploring.  AND there are bunnies and horses and gorgeous highland cattle along there...just a few hundred yards from our home.  It really is a fabulous place to walk. 

Mostly we've been busy building furniture (masses of the stuff) and getting organised, but we have managed to fit in an organised fossil walk run by the Dinosaur Island museum.  It was brilliant and I found a little bit of a dinosaur bone.  Incredible to know that I'm the first person to have ever set eyes on that bit of bone!  So chuffed.  It really was a great walk and we learned a lot.  You must go on one if ever you come over to the island for a holibobs as they're really good fun.  We've also visited the museum a couple of times as we've taken out annual membership.  I think we're going to be there more than the staff, lol.  It's a brilliant place.  

Absolutely love everything about living here.  It's just an incredible place and every single day we discover something which just makes it better and better.  Totally in love with our new home.  

Anyway...don't faint but I've made a card!!!!  I did stand at my recently cleared craft desk (squashed into my teeny weeny bedroom) and stare blankly thinking 'now what do I do?!!!!'  So today I went for simple and it's paid off as I'm all back into it now and raring to go.  It was brilliant to be crafting again, which is good as I have a heck of a lot of plans and will be crafting like crazy again very, very soon.  

Anyhoo...today is the start of Challenge #25 over at Scribble and Scrap and that means that in a week our challenges have been running for a whole year.  Doesn't seem possible!  

There are some changes to the challenges from now on.  These tie in with the changes I am making to the shop (we are having a new shop set up as well...in a few days time!) and they mean that prizes will be different from this challenge onwards.  Sorry...but there will no longer be a £5 voucher for the Top Three winners BUT instead I will be having a £10 voucher for the winner drawn by Random.Org AND a £10 voucher for a winner chosen by myself.  Yay!  The reasons will become clear once I have announced the changes happening at Scribble and Scrap Crafts....  Ooh...now you're dying to know, aren't you?  Other than the changes in the prizes, the only other change is that there won't be a GDT position in the challenge.  However...I will be making up for that in other ways to do with the blog...

Right...enough of this waffle and on to my card.


How cute is this?   I absolutely love the Wee images and this one is from a topper sheet (way too busy to colour this week) I purchased from The Hobby House.

The papers and matching matting layer I have used are from the Scribble and Scrap Crafts Fabulous Florals 1 Designer Paper Set (digital)  which will be on a different link shortly, though will still be available in the shop.  Just do a search and it will appear.  

The faux gems and brads are from my stash, as are the gorgeous flowers!  I have no idea where I bought them from.  I found a whole load of them in a box the other day and decided I needed to use some of them, especially as they are so beautiful.  

I created the sentiment on my lappy and that's it...a nice, simple but (I think) really pretty card. 

Wow!  It feels so fabulous to be crafting again.  Almost got this place sorted out and then there will be no stopping me.  Yay.  

Don't forget to head over to the challenge and check out the other DT inspiration and also to keep your eyes on the blog in the coming days for my exciting news.  

Take care and happy crafting!
http://www.anisigs.co.uk/img/LexieKDHMtransp.gif 

xx

4 comments:

  1. So happy you and Jamie have settled in well into your new home and that one of your dreams has come true. I wish you lots of love and luck in your new home. A stunning card and so happy to see you crafting again.
    Hugs to you both
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful creation. I love these images x
    And good luck in your new home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lexie, I am so happy you and Jamie have settled down so well and so quickly.
    And of course your card is fabulous love the image and the colour combo.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, I love the soft peach shades and the lovely simple layout.

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Smile, It's a brand new week!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete