Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Little Bit Crafty DT Card - Challenge #2

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all ok and enjoying the improved weather we're having here in the UK?  Obviously, if you're not in the UK then you won't be enjoying it, but hope you're weather's not too bad, lol.

Today is the start of Challenge #2 over at Paula Holifield's A Little Bit Crafty Challenge and the theme for this month is Kraft It.  The sponsors for this month's challenge are:

Sarah Hurley - TBA
Hobbycutz - £7:50 voucher
Clare Curd Crafts - £10 voucher

There is plenty of fabulous DT inspiration for you to have a look at to give you an idea of what Paula would like to see, so head over there now for a look.

And here's the card I've created for the challenge:

Because I love them so much and I just couldn't resist this digi, I've used the Boozy Brian digi from Lacy Sunshine's Gnomes of Gnarly Wood series.  Isn't he just so adorable?!    I've coloured him using my Promarkers but I don't have a list of the colours for you this time...sorry.  

I've used Kraft card for the base and some of the matting layers, and red and blue core-dinations for the other layers.  It's just simple cutting and because I was making a blokies' card I didn't want it to be too precise so I've been random with my cutting rather than measuring out and I think it works quite nicely.  I've embossed the blue card with a dotty embossing folder and that's it...card done!

So, head off to Paula's blog and click on the blinky saying Current Challenge Here and you'll see all the information and more inspiration.

Good luck.

Take care and happy crafting.
xx

7 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Lexie and a great colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lexie. the image looks great and I love the design and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lexie, love the image and the embossing is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun image Lexie and I love your colour scheme!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. I love the fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe fabby, I love these gnomes, I got quite a few of them with in my prize as well as Lexie on the naughty chair lol. love the colours and layout. Hope you and Jamie had a fun holiday
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete