Saturday 15 December 2012

Maddie & Clover Go Christmas Shopping!

Hi everyone,

hope you're all ok and not too busy in the last few days of the run up to Christmas.  All going well at my end.  I said to Jamie earlier that we could make some mince pies this year and his reply was 'well, don't put anything toxic in them - we wouldn't want Santa to eat anything bad and die!'  Lol.  That boy's brains work in very strange ways.

Anyway...today I have some brand new characters for you from Heather Valentin's new collection of digis.  In case you hadn't noticed, yesterday she announced the grand opening of her new online store which is the only place authorised to sell her digis.  NO ONE else can sell them legally, so if you see anyone else doing so, please do not buy from them as you will be breaking the law too and that wouldn't be fair on you.  Instead, please get in touch with Heather and let her know.  Thank you!

Here is Heather's store if you'd like to have a look. http://www.purimagination.com/lacysunshine.html  She's busy creating more and more digis to add and more characters. 

Characters like Maddie & Clover:


Yep...Clover's a gorgeous little Chameleon!  He's not feeling shy here, so he's decided not to blend into Maddie's hair but has decided to match her bow.

As usual, I've coloured the image in with my promarkers and used lovely bright, Christmassy colours because Maddie's really got the festive spirit as she's out buying pressies.

The base card is a 5 x 5 scalloped edge, and I've used red Papermania textured card for the matting and layering.  It's a very simple layout and I've used my Spellbinders circles, scalloped circles and lacy edge circles to do the circles.  The sentiment is a Crafty Sentiments Digi.

I've made the poinsettias using both sizes of the Marianne dies and topped them with my little gold flowers.  A few faux gems in red finish off nicely.

The inside is decorated to match. 

Hope you love the new characters as much as I do.  If you do, right now Heather is giving this fabulous digi away with each purchase made ending 16 December.  Also, all her Christmas digis are on sale at $2 each as a special offer AND they will all be retired right after Christmas, so you need to snap them up quick.  So go pay her a visit at Lacy Sunshine.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.co.uk/ where the theme is 'Anything Goes.'
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.com.es/ where the theme is 'Anything Goes.'
http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/december-challenge.html  where the theme is 'Christmas.'
http://hookedoncraftchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ where the theme is 'Christmas.'

Take care everyone & happy crafting!
xx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lexie, loving cute Clover. I have done no crafting at all as other jobs sort of crept into the equation. Oh well I will have to wait until Monday now :(

    Hugs to you and Jamie
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it is so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable, love the sweet image and the papers are fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute image - lovely card
    xx

    ReplyDelete

  5. A wonderful card Lexie, Maddie and Clover are adorable and I love the bright colours you've used.
    I had to laugh at Jamie's comment. Are you in the habit of cooking with toxic substances? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andree.

      Well, I've never poisoned anyone yet but there's always a first time and I guess Jamie wants to make sure nothing happens to prevent Santa bringing him his Lego Dinosaurs, lol.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Aw how cute x that backing paper is fabby and I love your design x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card. I wish I could get into colouring but its something I have never been any good at. As always your colour matching is amazing.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! I love how you colored my Maddieand Clover digi. Its great Lexie!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete