Tuesday 16 October 2012

Wellington Bear 'Gone Fishing.'

Hi Folks!

What a strange old day here.  Lots of wind and rain this morning and now less wind and lots of sunshine...

Today's card features my favourite bear...the wonderful Wellington!  I've made this card using a kit I bought (Docrafts) some time ago, but it's only the third card I've made with it as I love it so much and didn't want to use it...but now I have the CD!  Woohoo!!!  So there'll be lots of cards featuring Wellington around now.  And if you don't yet have the Docrafts Wellington CDs...you neeeeeed them!  They are absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad theirs a CD included for the laydeez! 

Today's card, though, is one for the boys!  Mens' cards are notoriously difficult to design but now they're so easy because Wellington is absolutely perfect for everybody, whatever their age or interests.  I'd even give a Wellington card to the hardest hard man in Hard Man County!  Lol.  He's just fab.

  
I've used a 6 x 6 (approx) Kraft card base for this one, and have used one of my favourite layouts.  There's quite a bit of matting and layering but it's so simple and so effective, and I just think that it works well with mens' cards in particular.  

I've used dark brown Co'ordinations card for the matting (ooh, get me!) and all the papers and elements are from the kit.  The inside is decorated to match.

I've finished off with just two brown buttons from my stash.  

I've not forgotten the tutorial for the open book cards...shall do it as soon as I can.

Take care everyone.
Happy crafting!
xx

11 comments:

  1. Aahh, lovely card, Lexie. Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh, lovely card, Lexie. Nice colour scheme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely effect backing papers and a wonderful teddy image. love it. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lexie. The background is really effective and well suits the image on the card.

    I am so glad you are going to do a tutorial on your book card cos I just cant get my head around how to do it. Its not my Mojo thats gone astray but my single brain cell. Since Istarted my new meds my brain just refuses to work ha ha.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie (and everyone else who has commented!xx)

      Hope the meds are helping. Not much you can do about the brain, I'm afraid, but that's why we get on so well, lol.

      I doubt if I'll get the tutorial done tomorrow as I have a busy day, but it will definitely be done this week. I'll give you a shout when I put it on here.
      xx

      Delete
  5. wow this is fabulous great image one of those I need to remember for my fishing family requirements and a great layout
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well what can I say after the comment you made about my fairy card!!!! :P

    This is gorgeous as always Lexie! Loving the buttons they works so well the the design.

    Hugs to you both
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab hunni, brill male card, as always, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great male card Lexie but not suprised all your cards are brill
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, the kraft card is just perfect for Wellington

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Isn't Wellington lovely - I have some stamps and a few papers which I must get out and have a play with!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete