Saturday 15 September 2012

Papermania at Christmas Time Card.

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all having a fab weekend?

I've been having a little fiddle around with Docrafts lovely Papermania at Christmas Time CD which I love.  I bought it alongside the Forever Friends Timeless CD and that's equally gorgeous.  Their software has improved so much, hasn't it?  I especially like the tool which will, at the click of a button, organise every single element in the library into folders which makes it so easy to mix and match right across the entire range.

This card is quite different from my usual style.  I wanted a card which is simple and quick to make...for the people I don't want to spend much time on but still want to give a handmade card too.


I've kept this card simple by just printing the backing papers straight onto the base card (except for the inside where I've printed it onto another sheet of card to add a little strength).  The baubles and the ribbon were added digitally but the shadow tool really does give the impression that they've been layered on.  Same goes for the bow which I've added to the tag...though it looks so real in the photo.

The giant bloom (and there are lots of gorgeous ones on this disc) was printed onto slightly lighter card.  I have used two flowers of the same but in different colour schemes and also cut out the centre of one of the flowers to add interest (there are three layers).  That tiny little gold flower which I bought from Ebay ages ago really does finish it off nicely.  The tag was cut out and stuck on with foam pads for a little dimension.

Usually I'd go the whole hog and layer up with some gold mirror card, but (as I'd ran out - shame on me!) I did it this way and, to be honest, I don't think it loses anything at all.  Considering its something very different for me I'm liking it a lot!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Happy crafting!
xx

6 comments:

  1. Great card Lexie. Love the flower and the colour scheme you have used.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving it a lot ~Lexie. If you can cut down on work, why not make digi cards. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. if that is a crad made for someone you don't want to spend much time, can i please go in that group it is really a lovely card. I would be pleased to receive it. jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consider yourself added to that group Jane! Lol. Just kidding...I'd add some matting and layering for you and do real decoupage on the baubles.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Loving the flower and the colours you've used, really beautiful card

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours you have chosen they give it a real vintage feel
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete