Sunday 24 June 2012

Here Comes Summer!

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all ok and keeping busy, healthy and happy?

Today's card is bringing on a bit of summer, even if it's pretty grotty outside.  It's another gorgeous Sugar Nellie digi image.


Isn't she a cutey? 

I've used a scallop edged 5x5 (approx) card base for this.   The backing papers are from Bearly Mine (see listing on left) and I have embellished one of them by using my trusty Quickie Glue Pen and glitter on the flourishes. 

The image has been coloured in using my Speccies (taken from my lovely storage unit, lol), and the matting layers were colour picked from one of the papers in my MCS software.

The die cutting was done using my Spellbinder dies and Grand Calibur...apart from the glitter card dragonfly which is a Doo Hickey die.  The inside is decorated to match.

Because of the glittering of the backing paper, I've kept the embellishment to a bear minimum...just the dragonfly, which is unusual for me, but I'm happy with the result. 

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog where the them is Summer Daze.

Take care and happy crafting everyone.
xx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image Lexie, gorgeous card too, can't wait for my Speccies storage to arrive - it's on it's way... woohoo!

    Soop xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie

    She is a stunning image. The finished card is georgeous. Am locked out of the club boo hoo

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...have you rang them? The number is 0800 954 0070.

    Hope they get you back on soon Carrie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete