Sunday 6 May 2012

MCS Shaped Lighthouse Card.

Hi Folks!

Hope you're having a good and peaceful Sunday?  We had a beautiful morning here so took full advantage and had a good walk along by the sea. 

Anyway, today's card is a very simple one created using the new My Craft Studio Creative Card Kits  (Click, Print, Go) CD.  There are lots of projects on this cd under various themes like floral, travel, etc.  And all the images are shaped and have matching matting layers and card shapes as well.  Very good for those bulk sessions or when a quick card is needed.  You can keep them simple or play with them as much as you like.

I chose to do another mens' card today and opted for the travel section on the cd.  I took it into my Silhouette software and prepared the cutting (can easily be cut by hand as well) and layout.  I also cut the bird and the ships wheel on the Cameo.

There is a sentiment on the inside of this card which is part of the kit on the cd,  and that too is shaped to match the image on the front with a matting layer, which is pretty cool.  I've inked around the edges of the card and layers using Antique Linen and Vintage Photo for a more distressed and 'manly' look.  And then I dug out some of my lovely little buttons which I think are so great on mens' cards.  Think I need to stock up on some more! 

Apart from foam pads to add dimension, that's it...simples.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lexie great Mans Card. I really struggle with them. Forgot to buy this CD. Maybe I should rectify that.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie great Mans Card. I really struggle with them. Forgot to buy this CD. Maybe I should rectify that.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lexie, this is a fabulous mans card. Loving the lighthouse. Loving the seagull and the buttons too.

    Hugs to you both
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete