Saturday 7 April 2012

Shaped Bunny Card.

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're ok?

I've had a bit of fun playing today, and come up with something a little bit different.  For the shape of the card I was inspired by an article in this month's Simply Cards and Papercrafts mag in an article featuring designs by Sue Smyth.  There are a whole range of shaped cards using Spellbinders and you all know how I love to use them for my easels, so I tried something a little different and I love the result!  Also, the mag came with some free Nitwit papers from their Spring Whimsy collection, which are absolutely adorable...and they also gave us some little toppers (including the bunny I've used) and some lovely bunny rubber stamps.  So I've used some of the beautiful papers on this card along with the topper.

My little boy thinks it's a billion percent cute which translates as 'massively cute Mummy!'

Awwwww...isn't Mrs Bunny gorgeous? 

I've used Grand Labels 4 to make this, firstly cutting out the second largest shape for the base card before scoring it in half and folding it.  I've then used the same size die to cut the backing paper and then a smaller size for the second backing paper...before cutting both in half lengthwise and then sticking them to the base card.  I've punched a border using my Martha Stewart lacey punch from the first backing paper, and then added a border which was free with the bunny.  The sentiment is one I had left over from the Paintbox Poppets card I made a few days ago.  The flower is cut from my little flowers dies out of another of the free papers and is held together by a little silver heart brad from my stash.

I think it's adorable.  The papers are so lovely and I just love the whole card as it's something different for me.  Think I'll be doing more along these lines, though.

Have a fab Easter everyone, and hope the Easter Bunny hops over to yours with some yummy eggs!
xx

5 comments:

  1. adorable love it
    hugs linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your little boy!!!

    This is just adorable Lexie! I love the papers and the bunny is just sooooooo cute.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your biggest fan - it's too cute for words!!! Brilliant - got this mag too but not had chance to play!

    Happy Easter to you both, have fun whatever you do!

    Su (Soop) xxx

    ReplyDelete