Saturday 21 April 2012

See - I CAN Do Simple!

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all having a great weekend?  We're having another lovely day here so enjoyed a good walk in the park with Jamie and the pooch this morning, then had a bimble into town to pick up some more ribbon from our little crafty shop. 

Yesterday, I received the new My Craft Studio Teddy Pals and in the Garden cd, and it's lovely so I couldn't wait to use it.  I saw these elements and knew exactly what I was going to do...clean and simple.


This is an A6 scalloped card base and it's unusual for me to go for this sort of shape as I like my square or shaped cards, but I really want to create a range in this size and shape so here's the first of them. 

I've not adjusted anything here.  It's as it came straight from the cd.  I took the elements into my Silhouette software, traced around the edges of the sentiment and topper, created a matting layer and then cut them out with my Cameo.  I've used foam pads for more depth between the layers (a change for me as I usually raise the whole thing), added a bit of ribbon, a double bow and some faux pearls and we have a nice little card which is quick and simple to make, which will keep the price down, and that can't be bad.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
xx

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous as usual from you. Must have a look at these CDs not investigated them yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Lexie. Really love the Teddy so it seems I must have another CD
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Yes you can do Simple but also very very beautiful too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really stunning as always Lexie, simple is so difficult but you really do it beautifully, such an elegant and pretty card, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete