Thursday 5 April 2012

Another Paintbox Poppets Card.

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all keeping warm and getting some sunshine?

Today's card is a bit different from my usual style and I'm not particularly happy with it, though it does look better in the flesh.  Doesn't hurt to try different things, though, does it? 

I've used the Paintbox Poppets CD by Crafter's Companion again as the images are so gorgeous.

I've used some of my core'dinations from the Vintage pack to do this one instead of backing papers.  The bottom layer is paper pricked around the edge, though you'd have to have good eyes to see it, lol.  The second layer has been embossed with a swirly embossing folder and then distressed with the sander thingy.  I have used one layer of white doily from my stash, and cut another doily out of the core'dinations using my Cheery Lynn die, which is a fabulous die! 

The ribbon, feather and hat pins are from my stash and I made the sentiment to match the card using a sentiment stamp from my Anna Griffin sent.  It reads (in case your eyes are as bad as mine) 'Find what brings you joy and go there.' 

Sorry it's a bit dark but I think it shows up ok.

Take care everyone.
xx

7 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit more 'earthy' than your usual style but it works! Colours go together well and the doilies are great (love that die and wish it was in my stash - lol!) As for the sentiment you've used - very appropriate (IYKWIM!)

    Hugs Su (Soop) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Lexie and the little girl is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Lexie, would you believe I am part way through making a paintbox poppet card myself. Great minds think alike :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as all your cards are hun :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lexie, so sweet

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lexie love the Cheery Lyn Dies you have used on this card. They really suit the subject.

    Carrie xx

    ReplyDelete