Saturday 11 February 2012

LOTV Mother's Day Card.

Hi Folks!

Hope you're all having a good weekend?

Had a busy day working on design team projects and all sorts of hush hush stuff, but have just made a quick little card for my blog.  A while ago I bought a few of the LOTV die cut toppers to try and they're gorgeous so I've used one today.  It's a bunny!  That won't surprise some people who know how much I love bunnies, lol.


I thought this image was perfect for Mother's Day, so that's what I've used it for.

The backing paper is from My Craft Studio's Floriography CD and I have colour picked from the paper to get the perfect match for the matting layers.

As the topper is small, I've used a 5 x 5 (approx) scalloped card base in the tent position.

I have matted and layered the backing paper both on the front and inside, and then cut a lacy border with one of my Martha Stewart punches.  I have finished the border off with a strip of the matting card along the centre as I had no suitable ribbon.

The topper has been matted and then stuck on centrally with foam pads.

I created the sentiment in my MCS software and layered that up to match the rest of the card.

The flower is created using the 3 smallest sizes of Spellbinders Daisy Patch dies...1 of the smallest size and 2 each of the next 2 sizes.  I have cut these out of paper which fits in with the colour and has white spots for interest.  The centre is a large faux pearl.  I have also embellished the final two corners with the same pearls.

Hope you like this little cutie.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
xx

13 comments:

  1. That is absolutly adorable...I love it! Perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so cute, I like bunnies too, gorgeous ard xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an adorable card, love the soft colours.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the topper. XX
    Quiltingloulou

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this it is adorable so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable card Lexie. Bunnies LOL Love all the detail on this card too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet, love the image and the lovely flower and the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely beautiful Lexie, I love this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable Lexie, I love the cute little bunny and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog today, it really meant a lot to me and I am feeling much better thanks to my wonderful bloggie buddies, thanks again
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Lindsay. really do hope things get better for you. Amazing how much people you've never met can do to help, isn't it? I've got so many lovely friends on here that I'd never have come across in real life...and they're usually much more reliable the ones who are around us physically.
      Look after yourself.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for answering my question on the My Craft Studio forum about the watermark! I tried to leave a thank you on there but couldn't do it for some reason. I am going to try it and I will let you know how I get on! By the way - your cards are absolutely wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome Patricia! The MCS forum has been playing up quite a bit lately but hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon.

      If you need a hand with the watermark just ask me here. Good luck with it and thank you for the comment on my cards.xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the comments Girls!
    I think I'll be getting more of these toppers. I love the watercolour effect of them...so pretty and perfect for when you're in a hurry or trying to keep the cost of a card down.

    xx

    ReplyDelete