Wednesday 8 February 2012

'Follow Your Dreams' Design Team Card.

Hellooooooooo!

Hope you're all keeping warm and safe?  Just wanted to say thank you so much for following me (and welcome newbies!) and that your comments mean a heck of a lot to me.  It's always nice when our work's appreciated, isn't it?  Thank you to all of you.xxxx

Today's card is a design team project for the Scrapbook Stamp Society.  This card features the gorgeous digi stamp by Sherri Baldy called Whimsical Oz Lil Ragamuffin Dorothy which can be found here  Have a good look around the site while you're there are there are hundreds of lovely digis and other stuff on the site.  They also have a blog over there and a fortnightly challenge which you can all join in.  The winner is chosen by votes and the prize is rubber stamp, some digis and a cutting die.  The four runners up receive some digis.  You need to use a Scrapbook Stamp Society digi but if you don't have one you can get one for free on the site.  Go give it a try!


Anyway, here's Dorothy.  Isn't she beautiful?  She's coloured using promarkers and this digi was a real pleasure to colour.

I've used my Silhouette and Penny Duncan cutting files to make the base card and layers.

The backing paper is from Bearly Mine.

It is all printed onto Supersmooth card and cut out.  I used the Silhouette software to centralise my image within the shape I had chosen.

I have run the blue layer on the base through my cuttlebug using a swirly embossing folder to make it more interesting.

Once it was put together and the image was coloured, I just finished off by using a little bit of glitter on the ruby slippers and some small faux pearls from my stash to bring out the stars on the backing paper a little more.  It's made that much more interesting.  Other than that I'm keeping it clean and simple - for once!  Lol.

Hope you like the card.
Take care
xxx

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
http://craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-12-pink-and-blue.html?spref=fb

http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

  1. Cute stamp Lexie and those beautiful pastel colours are there again. Really admire your cards. Will take some hints from your samples if that's okay.
    Quiltingloulou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the shape and those papers look fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Lexie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lexie, love that image she is just so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet Lexie. Love the pastel colours you have used.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Lexie, I do love this image and your card is just fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, loving the shape. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet, I will check out that site :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, the image is lovely and I love the soft colours.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card, thank you for joining the Crafty bloggers network challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Lexie, this is so beautiful! A stunning card, I hope you do well in the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love,y card Lexie. Beautiful digi and great colours. Love the shape of this one too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely card, Lexie. I love her big eyes and small kitten. Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is beautiful, love the coloring and card shape!!

    ReplyDelete