Sunday 5 February 2012

Floral Filigree Card.

Hi everyone.  Hope no one's snowed in?  Well, not without a huge crafty stash to keep them busy anyway.
No snow here and it seems quite a bit milder than yesterday...and definitely dryer as we had lots of rain.

Anyway, today's card is a real tiddler.  I came up with the idea (and I'm sure I'm not the only one!) of using the largest die from Spellbinders Lace Doily Motifs in this way when I was making my Christmas cards.  I love small cards and I love lacy cards, so these are really cute but very fragile so you can't put masses of embellishments on them.  I don't think they need them, though, and I reckon I've found the right topper for this little card.

The topper's from my huge stash so I can't remember where exactly it's from.  It's gorgeous, though, and very delicate in itself so it fits this card perfectly.  All I did was layered it up and added a bit of glitter to the butterfly and roses.  For the inside I have used my MCS software to cut out the middle of the little frame around the topper and added a sentiment so it ties in well with the front.  I've had to make a boxcard envelope for this card as it's so delicate.  These cards are so pretty but it's not easy to cut out a double layer using this die, and there's awful lot of poking with my poky tool.  Well worth it, though, if you're patient and keep trying when it doesn't quite work out.

Hope you all stay safe and warm.
xx

24 comments:

  1. This is very pretty indeed, love everything about it

    happy sunday

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's stunning Lexie - gorgeous.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, I love it!!! So delicate and pretty...Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lexie this is gorgeous. Looks like another die to add to my wish list ;).

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Lexie this is sooo pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful card (as are all your others!)
    Quiltingloulou.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Card, Lexie, you must have so much patience xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lexi more than just pretty, absolutly stunning, love the lacey effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I think you are absolutely right. The inticacy of the die replaces the need for more embellishments. Looks like you need tha patience of an angel for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Lexie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a dainty card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! absolutely gorgeous card. I expect you already know, but if you run a tumble dryer sheet over the die, it does help on the more intricate dies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so beautiful and delicate - love anything miniature!!
      Hugs
      Kate

      Delete
  13. Well you know about the old saying 'good stuff in small packages!' Lexie this is gorgeous and the topper you chose is absolutely perfect for the lacy frame - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning, Lexie. I love that you have used this die and commend your patience in working with a double layer...wow!
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Lexie and love the butterfly topper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lexie absolutely beautiful, well done. LOL

    ReplyDelete