Saturday 28 January 2012

Mrs Messy Christmas Decoration

Hi everyone!

Hope no one's snowed in?  It's ok here - cold but sunny and bright.

This is my first of two posts today.  This one is a Mrs Messy Christmas decoration or hanging card.  I sent a few of these out this year as cards, as I know some of my friends keep my cards and bring them out every Christmas.

This is Mrs Messy from Joanna Sheen's Messy Rabbit Christmas CD.

These are so simple to do, but very pretty and cute.  I've printed Mrs Messy off (dressed in her finest Christmas attire!) onto Supersmooth card and cut her out with a Spellbinders circle die.  I sprayed the topper all over with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle for a glittery effect then put it to one side to dry.

Using my trusy old cuttlebug and Spellbinders dies, I've matter and layered a number of cirlces (front and back) and finished with a lacy circle in the middle.  It is gold both sides.  The only difference between the front and the back is the front has Mrs Messy and the back has a sentiment.  I have sandwiched the red, velvet ribbon between the middle layers very firmly so that it holds securely.

I enjoy doing these and it's a little gift as well as a card.

Hope you all like this.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment