Tuesday 27 December 2011

Well...that's Christmas over and done with for another year!  Now to start planning for next year - mwahahaha!

Hope you all had a fabulous and stress free time?  We did.  It was lovely and quiet and the whole day was monopolised by dinosaurs, thanks to Jamie (our son).  Obviously, my Christmas pressies revolved around craft and I was lucky enough to receive the Loony Tunes double cd (early) and 11 Debbi Moore cds and a set of her Print Magic powders to try.  I've already converted all the Debbi Moore cds into jpegs so that I can use them in the My Craft Studio software when I want to without faffing around.  It's a big and tedious job but once it's done it makes life so much easier to have them all ready.  Just make sure you back them up so you don't have to do them all again!

I've had a bit of crafters' block over the last few days, so I've just been fiddling around designing some toppers, colouring in some stamped images for future use and other little jobs like that.  But today I did manage to make a card which I think is lovely but is a bit girly, if truth be told.  I think I was actually possessed by the Glitter Girls!  Hee hee.


This card was made using my Silhouette SD.  Now, I'm not a big fan of the Silhouette as I had problems with the first one I had and the replacement one's not that great.  But it's good for doing intricate decoupage and, even I have to admit, it's done a good job with this card.  The card base, mirror card layer and lilac background (Papermania textured cardstock) was cut using a Penny Duncan's (NB to self...sort out some links!) shaplies cutting file.  I made an easel card using these layers and the base.  I then added a digi stamp image from Cuddly Buddly, which I coloured using promarkers.  That was layered onto a circle of the Papermania textured cardstock to match the background, and a lacey circle in silver mirror card (courtesy of Spellbinders).  I then used a Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp and layered it in the same way as the main image, except I used a scalloped circle for the mirror card.  The rose embellishments are from Wild Orchid and the white feathers are from Ebay.  The 'bling' gems were from my local craft shop. 

I have entered this card in the following challenge...Celebrations at. .http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Eww Girly lol Lovely hun as always, xxx
    Sounds like Jamies infecting you with the "Bit Girly" lol, next thing you know will be the urge to make only Dinosaur cards, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's an idea...Lol.

    I used to have a really brilliant friend who was a bloke. He used to say to me 'you're such a girl!' Er - nice of him to notice, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexie I love this and the layout as always is stunning and you have used my favourite colours too. I hope you are both well.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're brilliant, thanks Linda.

    Glad you like it. I love it even if it is girly, lol. It's nice that other people seem to like it as well.

    Thanks so much for commenting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lexie, love this. Great image and really love the roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Droxie. I get the roses from this site.
    http://www.wildorchidcrafts.com/ They're gorgeous and they do so many different sizes, types and colours.

    ReplyDelete