Sunday, 21 February 2016

Amazing! I Finally Crafted!

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all okay, and that you were sitting down when you realised that I had finally crafted? Don't want to shock anyone too much when they're on their feet.

Almost didn't get to craft, though, as it took me so long to sort out some artwork (I have a lot of computer organising to do!) to use.

This is a nice simple card, very different to my usual style but I am hoping to raise some money for some animal friends of mine, so needed to get cracking with some ideas and also samples. As they're to raise funds and not spend funds, I'm keeping them simple ... also so they might appeal to blokies cards as well.

Anyhoo ... Here's my card:


How cute is this little guy? He's from Joanna Sheen's, Jayne Netley-Mayhew CD, and there are plenty more images I can use from there, as well as Pollyanna Pickering's lovely stuff. I printed this image onto Crafters Companion watercolour card, which gives just the finish I hoped for.

This image was perfect to keep it simple. I don't want to rely on my printer too much, so will be using lots of embossing, etc. I didn't need to do that with this one, though, as the card is textured and looked better without me adding embossing ... I did try it, though.

I've also used my new 'naughty dies,' which are to be forever known as my 'naughty dies,' as I shouldn't have bought them just yet but couldn't resist. They're Spellbinders pierced squares and they are amazing. I've always loved the paper pricked look, but rarely have time for doing it ... so this means I can do it all the time. Yay! Shall be collecting the rest of them when I can.

The textured card is Papermania textured cardstock in Vanilla, and I have matted that onto some black card to make it pop. The die cut corners (also Spellbinders), is cut from the same card.

The inside is decorated to match (including all the matting and layers). I have also made a very posh matted and layered roundal for the back, but need to check the wording on that before sticking it on.

I was going to use all sorts of crafty bits and bobs, but this layout happened, and I thought it just worked out so well with the simple image, so left it. Pretty good going for a fundraiser card, as all it is is cardstock and a tiny bit of ink.

It will be easy to make several of these cards at once, so if my fundraising idea does get the go ahead, I'll be able to stock up with some of these before moving onto something different. We shall see.

I have lots of typing going on over the next few weeks, but will be crafting when I can squeaze it in. Priority, though, is paying off my laptop, which I need to do quick ... which is why I shouldn't have bought the naughty dies, but ... What can I say?

Take care everyone, and happy crafting!

Alyx
xx

6 comments:

  1. Super duper card Alyx. Lovely image and layout. I'm sure it will be a roaring success at fundraising xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Alyx. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back crafting Alyx, not got a lot of time myself at the mo but hoping to get bits n bobs done this week. Take care, love to you and Jamie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Alyx. Great to see you crafting again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten how!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure why I haven't commented on this already sweetie because I have seen & admired it! The card you liked on my blog was from La Pashe, so if you're looking to make some to sell for charity, it's not a problem!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete