Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Country Companion Lacy Valentine's Easel

Yo Dudes and Dudettes!  Lol.

Hope you're all well?

Last night I was lying in bed (as you do) thinking about crafting and wondering what I could have a try at today and I wondered whether this might work...
Yep...it does!  Lol.

I had a little play with my Martha Stewart (don't ask me which set!) punch around the page punches and came up with this pretty little lacy easel.  I'm so pleased with how it's turned out.  It's probably been done a million times before but I've not seen it so I'm feeling quite proud of myself, lol.

Anyway, I started off cutting out the base card and punching around the edges, and then I did the top square (which was 5x5 when I started).  To get them to fit together I had to cut off a little bit of the end of the base card under the top square (does that make sense?) but then it went together nicely.

The image and paper is from Docraft's Country Companions CD and the matting layers has been colour picked from one of the hearts on the paper.  I decided on plain circle dies (Spellbinders) for the image and sentiment, and just kept the embellishments really simple with just a few little roses as I didn't want to swamp it.  Pretty pleased with this one.

Shall enter it into Joanna Sheen's Challenge Blog challenge and the Wild Orchid Challenge as the theme for both is 'lurve.'  Hope you like this card.

http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-is-in-air-challenge.html

http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/week-42-love-is.html

Take care and keep warm tonight...it's supposed to be a real cold one.
xx

28 comments:

  1. Wow Lexie it's stunning. love the easel and all the lace xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card Lexie. Love the lace effect with the punch and just lurve those roses.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is gorgeous Lexie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is really beautiful. You have really done a fab job with the punching, and I love your layout for the easel card. That image is adorable too. I have ddd and that CD as well... maybe I will have to pull it out and have a play myself. You have inspired me. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW this is stunning, love everything about it, wish I had thoughts like this laying in bed lol. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning!!! Love everything about it

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you should be proud of yourself, it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't get enough of your cards, they are all so lovely. You always seem to choose the colours I like. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone. Glad you like it too. It took me hours to get to sleep last night as I was itching to try this out. Next time I'll just get up and do it, lol. Then I was so busy all morning I didn't get to do it until afternoon which was really frustrating. It's lovely when a plan comes together, lol.

    Everybody's comments really do mean so much to me. Thank you all so much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, ill have to try the punches myself :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I've never thought of do that. I'm definitely going to pinch your ideas...you don't mind, do you hun...lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not...crafting's all about sharing ideas, isn't it? And I'd not thought of it myself until last night.
      xx

      Delete
  13. Absolutely stunning, just beautiful, and so very elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. Absolutely beautiful. It all works so well together. You obviously do your best thinking in bed as you've created a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it really is gorgeous. i love it louise xx now following you too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Lexie this is stunningly gorgeous, I love the cute country companions image and the punched edges look amazing, this is so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card Lexi, love the punch work and that sweet image. Thank you for joining us this month over at Joanna Sheen Challenge with your adorable work. Hope to see you join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card Lexi, thanks for joining us at WOC this time x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work! Thanks for playing at WOC this challenge.
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI sweetie this is very pretty, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this time, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete