Monday, 23 January 2012

Forever Friends Shaped Easel.

Hi,

hope you're all well?

I've lost my mojo a bit today and have been working on a Design Team card but it's not worked out.  It's all worked individually but not together, so it's back to the drawing board with that one.

BUT, I have managed to put together this little shaped easel card for a challenge.

The image and papers are from Docraft's Forever Friends Triple CD collection.

I've used Supersmooth card throughout and used my Silhouette for most of the cutting.  As much as I love my Spellbinders, unless I get my scissors out (and it's never as nice) they leave too wide a border between each size for my taste.  So, this was designed in the Silhouette software and then cut out.  I have used a pink and white gingham (yeehaw!) paper and a white one with little pink hearts.  

The image has been cut into a circle (using Spellbinders) and then sprayed with Crafter's Companion's Spray and Sparkle to give it a slightly glittery effect.  It has been mounted on another circle cut out of the gingham (yeehaw!) paper and then matted onto a white lacy circle.  

It has all been stuck together using pinflair and the roses are from Wild Orchid and the faux pearls are from my stash.  I love this as the colouring is so subtle and feminine.  

I am entering this into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Love your blog Lexie sorry you are struggling with your Design Team Card but a resourceful girl like you will come through! Hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Lovely to see you on here. I'm sure my mojo will be firing on all cylinders later today...with luck!
      xx

      Delete
  2. This is lovely Lexie! I love this shape of spellbinders! Those roses are gorgeous! Where did you get them from?

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - now, I know I waffle on a bit and people switch off after a while but it does tell you where I got the roses from, lol. It's ok...I'm boring (sob!)and you didn't want to read my rubbishy waffles (feeling guilty yet?). I get them from Wild Orchid which is in my list on the right. Fab site.
      xx

      Delete
  3. hi lexie
    what a very nice card
    thanks for joining the foreverfriends challenge
    and for using foreverfriends image's to
    greetings patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Valentine's shaped card! Thanks for posting in the Forever Friends challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning shaped easel card. Love your delicate colour scheme and all the layering. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at FOREVER FRIENDS 'more than one fold challenge'. Good luck. Diane (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a stunning card. Congratulations for winning over on Forever Friends. Would you mind if I borrowed your design? I just love the easel design you have done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel. Yes, you can borrow the design so long as it's not a direct copy. All my cards are under copyright but I'm more than happy for people to take ideas from them.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi no it wouldn't be a copy just using the base template. Thanks xx

      Delete
    2. There's definitely no problem with that. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have thought of using the dies like that...and I'll certainly not be the last. They make gorgeous easels. Good luck.xx

      Delete
  8. Lexie this is absolutely adorable! LOVE what you have done with this easel card....so beautiful! Thank you so very much for joining us at WOC, unfortunately in order to qualify you may only enter two other challenges along with the WOCC, sorry about that hun.
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete