Friday, 20 January 2012

Aaawwww - Beatrix Potter Mouse.

Hi Folks.

What a horrible day it's been here.  It's rained non stop all day which was an absolute pain considering we had planned to go to the zoo.  Oh well...there's always next week.

Today's card is a commission for a little baby boy.  I love the Beatrix Potter characters, and when I was little the first album I ever had was a talking one of Beatrix Potter stories.  It was wonderful.  So I was very pleased when Crafter's Companion released some of the Beatrix Potter animals on craft cd.

So here it is...
And these little mice from the Tales of Two Bad Mice are just adorable.

The base of this is a 6x6 scalloped edge white card which I have used as a tent card.

For this card I started off by cranking up both my MCS software and my Silhouette software.  The reason for using my Silhouette was to add some faux stitching around the edges of the matting layers.  I didn't cut this but used it to print the stitching in white.

The rest was dealt arranged in MCS and I designed the insert to match the front, minus the embellishments.

This card pretty much speaks for itself.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for a bit of lacy paper along the bottom of the topper.  It's basic matting and layering.  I made the sentiments to match by using some of the backing card for the blue part of the circle (which was colour picked from the mouse's dress), and I cut them using my Spellbinders dies.

The roses and the silver metal filigree corners are both from Wild Orchid (see list on right), and the faux pearls were from my stash.

Hope the buyer likes this one!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lexie, what a lovely card. It really does look very special. Your buyer is going to be very pleased. sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. It's lovely to be able to make those extra special cards for really special occasions, isn't it?
      Take care
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hello, Lexie, what a stunningly stylish baby card. It is very special and it's all so well constructed and thought out. I love the faux stitching using your Silhouette. How could your buyer not just adore it?
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sheenagh. It's not 100% how I want it but I am going to make another version of it today (one using a character I can put on my shop site) and make the little adjustments I need to do to make me happy.

    As for the Silhouette faux stitching, I had tried it with cutting but it just made a mess so didn't bother trying again. Then I was lying awake the other night with cards going round and round my head, as you do, when I suddenly thought 'doh...you don't have to cut the stitches, you can just print them!' So that's what I did. It takes me a while but I get there in the end, lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexie! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the whole layout and concept of the card. Beautiful colour and the embellishments are stunning.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ps comment yesterday about the crow and feather had me nearly pmsl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week.

    Please consider removing comment verificaiton and enabling comment moderation instead. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very sweet, loving the colours, image and design. Thank you for joining us at The Joanna Sheen Challenge this month with your gorgeous work. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Baby boy card!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is beautiful, thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen Celebrations challenge. hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the one I popped over to see, Love it, saw it on the Joanna Sheen blog, All you card are Fabulous!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete